Cervical Artery Dissection due to Fluoroquinolones
James Demetrious, DC, DABCO
Cost: $50.00 / 2 CE Hours includes 1.0 Hour of Diagnostic Imaging instruction
- Course Description:
- Dr. James Demetrious provides a review of research related to Cervical Artery Dissections and Fluoroquinolone antibiotics as a risk factor (2.0 CE hours). Course attendees will receive current, advanced rationales gleaned from the literature.
- Hourly Syllabus:
- Hour 1: CAD epidemiology/chiropractic, risk factors, signs and symptoms of CAD, protopathic bias.
- Hour 2: Clinical cases, Fluoroquinolones/mechanisms of damage.
- Learning Objectives:
- Attendees will better understand current concepts related to Cervical Artery Dissections and related clinical indications and risk factors.
- Attendees will improve diagnostic decision-making.
- Attending will be better prepared with regard to questions related to CAD and the role of FQs as a risk factors.
Instructor: James Demetrious, DC, DABCO
Dr. James Demetrious is a nationally distinguished, board certified chiropractic orthopedist. He is a clinician, educator, author, and editor. Dr. Demetrious teaches post-graduate coursework on behalf of Northeast College of Health Sciences. He is a member of the NCMIC Speakers’ Bureau and teaches post-graduate coursework throughout the United States. He has published peer-reviewed journal papers related to advanced differential diagnosis. He serves as an editorial reviewer on behalf of the journals: Spine, Annals of Internal Medicine, and Clinical Anatomy. Dr. Demetrious has continually cared for patients since 1986.